My new HiDive subscription is proving quite useful. I finished No. 6 today (It’s great, and I need to write about it.), so I started watching Devils and Realist, you guessed it, on a whim. I didn’t quite know what to expect, and I almost clicked away rather rapidly but then the art won over my heart so I decided to stick around. While I didn’t intend to write a watch along, it kind of just happened when I realized this was a show that would cause me to exclaim a great many things aloud. Thus, I wrote them down and, following that, copied them here for your perusal. We begin…
EP. 1 DEVIL & REALIST————————–
- Oh, wow. Already. That blush. You can almost hear it: “Kevin, I love you!”
- Just a little scrape. Just enough to summon a demon. No big deal.
- Called it!
- “Grand Duke of Hell!” lolololol XD
- “Is that from the New Testament?” Oh, my gosh, boy… learn your Bible. Trust me, you need it.
- Young Master: “Don’t mind me, just throwing a shoe at the Great Duke of Hell.”
- I read the “What kind of trick…” subtitle as “What kind of fu**…” for reasons I can’t explain, and as much as I feel bad about it, it was admittedly jarringly funny.
(—————————————————Brief Intermission as I dawn a pink shower cap for no good or even discernable reason————————————————————————)
- He’s like “A GOAT???” lololol
- “Why is there a costume party under my basement?” Boy, come on now…
- “that costumed buffoon…” NEWEST CREATIVE INSULT.
- Demon be like, “I’m pulling a Sauske, brb.”
- And again, “costumed fool.” I approve. We’re gonna use this, everyone.
- Gotta be honest with you guys; just watching the goat butler talk is so disconcerting.
- THE HIGH HEALED BOOTS, THOUGH. FIERCE.
- “a new kind of terrorist??” I’m crying, brb.
- “Demons don’t–” BOOM!
- … … … burning a virgin… … …?
- I guess…. hide your virgins???
- I can’t wait to watch this literal demon fall in love with this human who thinks he’s dreaming during a literal DEMON BATTLE.
- Oh, look, the demon was once a human and a mass murderer to boot. Looks like he’s not husbando material, guys.
- And young master still cares more about school than anything else even while faced with the prospect of literally being STUCK IN HELL.
- If you’re going to kick each other’s butts, SEND ME HOME FIRST!!
- Conveniently more than human, I see.
- Looks like the young master was Solomon in a past life and the demon loves him. I’M FINE. I’M FINE, GUYS.
- And now we’re back to the real world. Don’t you dare be his teacher, grand duke…
- Oh, thank g—- OKAY HE’S A STUDENT.
- “Dante Huber desu.” LOLOLOLOLOLOL
How is it possible that I still don’t remember the two main characters real names by the end of this first episode? Like, I don’t have a clue. I guess that means I have to move on to episode 2.
Oh, wait. His name is Dante. They just said that. Lol.
Love, Peace, Geese,