This episode is so long in coming because, for a variety of reasons, I can’t sit on my couch. Normally, I watch the episode and type on my laptop at the same time. (Husband asks how I read and comprehend a subtitled anime while simultaneously typing. I tell him that I am magic, but that’s beside the point.) Luckily, I figured out how to split screen on my laptop, so now we’re back in business for episode 6.
Yes, perhaps it was ignorant I didn’t think of this possibility before, but hey, I’m willing to forgive myself if you are. Let’s light this candle!
- Okay, so catching up here: Az is planning a demon uprising. Nina dressed Mugaro up like a girl. Bacchus and goose know that Mugaro is Joan of Arc’s son. Joan of Arc is locked up by Chariose, everyone wants Mugaro in their faction, and all of some of these characters’ names are still so hard to spell. Sound about right? Moving on then…
- Oh! And Rita loves Kaiser. And Kaiser is living his life on the edge over here between Az and Chariose. Yes.
- So, we’re back in the village again. Bacchus is putting something together over here. And ooooo, Nina is still mad at him for peeping on her and Mugaro when they slept.
- Is there some sort of festival going on?
- OOOOOO…. yeah, that “handsome man.” 😉
- “The heart [that makes you turn into a dragon] is a fickle thing.”
- They are teasing an Azazel-Nina-Chariose love triangle over here.
- Cue Screamo OP, stage left.
- I just think if I showed my mom is OP, she’d be like… “W…why? ??What are you watching??” lolol
- There’s Chariose the megane again.
- It’s so cute how much the townspeople love her. Also, look, the pimp is back.
- She’s like, “Crap! All the pimp’s men are hot!”
- DID HE JUST KICK HER IN THE HEAD AND SHE STILL BLUSHED? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GIRL?
- Az! Hurry up!
- Oh, wow, never mind. Chariose to the rescue.
- You know you’re learning just a little bit of Japanese when the MC makes the faintest sound as she contemplates following someone and you immediately know she was hesitating to say “Wait a minute!” (“ちょっと待って!”) because the sound you heard was part of the “ち” sound. I feel… so accomplished?? Is that okay??
- She’s like “HE REMEMBERED MY NAME.”
- I can already tell how this anime is going to go. She’s going to love him and he’s going to probably grow a fond of her but value his mission more. Easy.
- PLUCKING DUCK BUTT
- Goose butt, whatever
- Two things: That “Who do you think you’re talking to?” from Az is everything *swoon*, and while the snake strangling/eating the rat probably has some significance, I’m too grossed out to really care at this moment. YUCK. (Why are the snake’s eyes cute, tho??)
- Dais. So many good names for cats.
- I have this terrible feeling that things are going to go horribly wrong. Also, I fear that Az is going to somehow harass Nina to make her turn into a dragon.
- Bacchus is turning into a protective dad?? Or a meddling dad??
- “She’s got a big chest for her age.” WHAT IS THIS LIFE?
- “Would you like this tiny banana?” How romantic? lolol I LOVE THEM
- WHY DO I LOVE THEM SO MUCH?
- He looks at her like she hung the moon.
- And he can shoot. Dang son.
- Goose: “She might come back all grown up?” Bacchus: *spits wine* Me: I SECOND THAT SPIT TAKE.
- Oh, my gosh. This is the scene from the AMV where they dance~!
- Chariose is much hotter without the mullet.
- The man’s got moves. Why must you do this to me, anime?
- She can’t even look at him and HE’S SO CUTE. *Squee*
- “Chris,” sure. “Chris.”
- She took off running and “Chris” is left standing there like “What the–” and now it’s Azazel.
- Kaiser Elvis just has too much on his plate, the poor dear.
- Episode 6, “Anatean Holiday.”
I want so badly to move on to episode 7, but I really need to lay down now, and sadly I have not yet perfected the ability to type, read subtitled anime, and lay in bed all at once. (There are limits to even my magic, Husband!)
TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES MENTIONED HERE, CLICK HERE. I’LL INCLUDE THIS LINK ON ALL BLOG POSTS PUBLISHED BETWEEN NOW AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CONCLUSION. 🙂 (SERIOUSLY, ONE PERSON ENTERED. THESE ODDS ARE LOOKING GOOD FOR YOU, FAM. THE OCT 31st END IS NEAR!)