Blogger’s Note: Well, just shy of a year-long Ouran break, I am back again to bring you another episodic Watch Along of this amazing title! I needed that time, I think, to step back and gain some distance from this dearly loved but (in my case) oft’ over-watched show. These Watch Alongs were, after all, my blog’s first experiment, and though I loved them, I needed to spread my wings and explore. Coming back to my Ouran Watch Alongs feels a bit like coming home to an old friend. ❤
That being said, I had no idea how much I missed this show until I jumped right in. So now, without further ado…
Big Brother is a Prince!
- Aww. Cute lil’ girl is cute.
- I didn’t realize how much I missed that “Welcome!” ❤
- “When I opened the door, the police were there waiting for me!” ROFL
- “Little kitty cat” now just makes me think of Yurio. Yuri!!! On Ice has ruined me for life.
- Little girl: IT’S A REVERSE HAREM! Me: *dead*
- Debauchery! Yay! (Omgosh, I’m dying again. Send the paramedics.)
- “Twincest” and “the bookworm” *crying*
- Both blonde = automatically siblings. This much should be obvious. I mean, that’s how genetics work, right?
- That’s Kyoya, wondering at his potential for superiority even within manga tropes. (Answer, Kyoya, is that a megane has it’s own appreciative fanbase.)
- If someone would call me “chan,” I think I might scream with joy.
- “I’m not irresponsible.” ROFL; okay~~ Tamaki.
- The black roses!
HE LOOKS LIKE A FOREIGNER.
- Nekozawa looks so handsome without all of his occult trappings.
- That maid is just dramatically twirling around in the background and I’m like… “can I be you? Can I be that dramatic without consequence?”
- Butler: *calls Haruhi insightful* Butler: *also calls Haruhi “sir”* <– that contrast
- “Please don’t be afraid,” he said menacingly while creeping forward and sporting a freaky, occultly-named puppet.
- “YOU KNOW, CALL ME CRAZY, BUT I GET THE FEELING SHE’S NOT AFRAID OF THE PUPPET.”
- I don’t think Romeo and Juliet works like that…
- Oooo… I missed that my first few times watching this! Nekozawa and family are of Russian decent! He’s Russian!!
- SHouJo MaNGa!
- “Is there really debauchery in shoujo manga?” I mean, I dunno about that, Haruhi…
- ~prayers to the neither~
- Poor Nekozawa… this is actually pretty sad, when you think about it.
- Tamaki is such a good guy. ❤
- Aaaaandd… there’s Vic Mignogna.
- “Operation Character Reform”
- “Senpai, quit getting carried away by your emotions!” Oh, you’re talking to ME, Haruhi?
- “with darkroom capabilities” lol
- Aaaaaanndd… there’s our known and beloved Renge.
- “My vocabulary is a bit limited without those words.” *crying* Same, Neko, same.
- TRUE STORY: Girls do like those things.
- For use on his sister…? I dunno, maybe if it’s Sword Art Online… #shotsfired (^_~)
- Who in the heck is Edgar? Is that supposed to be an Edward parody? No… that would be too recent for… or maybe not. *to the internet*
- I legit think that Nekozawa might be more attractive that our princely Tamaki, and Tamaki admits as much to Kirimi-chan, so…
“I’VE FINALLY MADE ALL THESE FINE MEN MY LOVE SLAVES.”
- Gosh, so handsome.
- <— That
- I know Ouran is ridiculous, but it has so very much heart.
- …befriending a stray cat is occult?
- Nekozawa: LET ME JUMP OUT THE WINDOW! Me: Isn’t there an easier way to– Nekozawa: THE WINDOW!
- A touching moment, yes, but I also love how absolutely panicked the puppet looks. Beelzenef is in such a state.
- Bye, cat.
- “But even so” is the most over-translated anime line.
- My heart ❤
As I tap my feet to that out-tro, I can’t help but think that I’ll be getting into these Watch Along posts with a lot more fervor than I have over the past year. Thanks for sticking around, my anime compatriots and dear readers, and I’ll write again soon.
2 thoughts on ““I’ve finally made all these fine men my love slaves.” — WATCH ALONG: “OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB,” EP. 11 (DUB)”
Yeah senpai, that was fun!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You called me “senpai” again.
Hehe. Thank you! (^^)
LikeLiked by 1 person