Well, here we go again! Jumping right in~! Spoilers ahoy!
- The pure 90s of the opening still has me going.
- Why can’t I have a tennis outft like that?
- What does “ichiban” mean?”
- OMG, that’s right, HE KISSED HER.
- These titles remind me of the formatting for Pokemon Indigo League.
- Again, WHO DESIGNED THOSE UNIFORMS??
Such bright colors, omggggg~~~
- Apparently he’s like an angel baby.
- Aw. He waited for her.
- Stop making it so obvious, girl.
- There’s the title! “It looks sweet, but the rind inside makes it kinda bitter, ya know?” Clearly that’s a prediction if I ever heard one.
- AND THERE SHE SAYS IT!
- “Huh??” lol
- “You’re just a spicy hot mustard girl.” ROFL X”’D
- The girl with the blue hair and lime green uniform is just… such clash.
- I mean, he did kiss her in her sleep.
- Crap (pardon my French), she’s falling in love.
- Such a love triangle.
- “I really don’t, you know.” Aww. Such pout.
- Forget it? Good luck with that.
- Why do 90s anime girls always eat when they’re upset?? I mean, I know it’s a thing that some people do, but it’s almost become a trope of the decade at this point.
- Blue hair, brown eyebrows, blue suit guy = clash
- Someone, somewhere: “OH, great idea for the campus TV news program! Let’s interview that hot boy everyone’s talking about and interrogate him about his love life!” Everyone else in the room: “Yes, yes, that is a perfect plan. Good.”
- IT’S 90s GLASSES TEACHER MAN. I AM IRRATIONALLY EXCITED.
- Oh, my gosh. LET’S LABEL MIKI.
- I can’t even look at the screen right now as she steals the mic. Too much cringe.
- Is no one watching/hearing them be argumentative?
- Do the teachers let this go on???
- It seems brown haired boy might create a problem. Geeta? Geenta. Ginta. There we go.
- Miki. OOOOOOh… she was turned down. This is getting so juicy.
- OMG, YES HE CAN.
- Awwww, the cheebs (yes, chibi, I know) are soooo~ cute!
- TWO YEARS? Well, I forget how time flows together in high school. Two years of romantic tension seems perfectly natural to me.
- Miki looks better with longer hair, I think.
- Yep, sounds like first high school love.
- Omgee, such young love.
- Now I want ice cream.
- Are we sure he didn’t like her?
OMG, I know exactly what happened!
- Awww… poor kids. </3
- This is such high school. He liked her the whole time. So sad. I bet the dudes just found/took the note and Ginta was playing cool because he’s a stupid high school boy.
- …Hair cut… apology…?
- Now blondie is gonna be jealous too!! Misunderstandings abound.
- Does she know how she feels?
- WHO VOICES HER? …B-Barbie??
- *looking it up* Wait wait wait NOT BARBIE! Chichi!?
- Poor Miki.
- Used to it? *gasp* Oh no! lol
- Omg, rude much, Miki.
- Taking out your aggression on a tennis ball works.
- Again I say, cute outfit.
- He’s watching her.
- Sabatini–HE WAITED FOR HER!
- Aww…poor Miki’s mom.
- Such 90s jewelry.
- BUM BUM BUM…ex-girlfriend?
We all know I’m going to watch episode three asap. (Time to schedule a new post!)
This is simply too hilarious and surprisingly dramatic but not in that typical “slice-of-life way” because it’s actually realistic in comparison to my own high school experience (*cough cough* unlike Say I Love You *cough cough*) and also…it’s THE 90s.
I would honestly keep watching this show if only for the decade in which it is so obviously placed.
Tell me, how do you feel about Marmalade boy??
2 thoughts on “Watch Along: Marmalade Boy, Ep. 2 (DUB)”
OH EM SOMEONE WATCHING MARMALADE BOY THIS YEAR! I suddenly want to re-watch it even if just to refresh me of everything that happened. *^*
You’re bound to see a lot of drama there. But Miki and Yuu’s one of my favorite couples when I was younger. I just don’t know how I’ll view them now since it’s been more than a decade since I last saw this. >_<
LikeLiked by 1 person
I just keep finding more to exclaim, “No! No! What!?” over and I kind of love that. Lol!
LikeLiked by 1 person