LOOK, I GOT NOMINATED FOR THIS THING AND I KNOW HOW TO DO IT!!!
*Don’t ask what that means; I am a goob.*
Matt from Matt-in-the-Hat nominated me for this blogger award, and that’s pretty exciting. Matt is a fun anime compatriot and he runs his blog in a way that makes me smile. He’s a Christian*, and I love how he’s vocal about his faith. It makes me happy when I see his mentions of God’s love (because sometimes people need those little bits of encouragement and you’re never going to know when.) I am also a Christian, and my relationship with the Lord is super important to me, so I appreciate that I get to see those things when I check Twitter even though my feed is basically all-anime-all-the-time… (^_−)☆
Getting away from the personal, he also likes English dubbed anime, making him my dub buddy even if we tend to favor different kinds of shows. (*high five again*) I mean, I will always take a good dub over a sub. (But I will emphasize “good.”)
So, go check him out, guys. He’s a cool dude.
*Side note: If you are a Christian who
makes being kind and loving to others a priority,
then you are doing something right. ❤
The Rules of the Nomination Game ❤
So, apparently, all award nominations have rules, and some are more straightforward than others. The rules for this nomination are as follows:
- Display the award.
- Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog.)
- Share seven things about yourself. This time, it’s about my relationship with anime if I am to take after my nominator!*
- Nominate bloggers.
*”For this award post, I am going to do something different. I will share 7 things related anime that concerns me. I am an anime fan and I will be sharing 7 things that interest me and anything Japanese related topics.” –Matt in the Hatt
Seven Shared Facts *anime edition* ❤
Without further ado, I begin…
1) I will get stuck on an anime (*cough cough* Hakuouki *cough cough*) and re-watch it a million times in whole or in part. In some capacity, I will engage with it nearly every single day for weeks or months before, still loving it, finding a new show to dote on at least in part (*cough cough* Yuri on Ice *cough cough*). I basically live my life this way in a lot of areas (read: food, books, music, etc.).
2) I have an anime music/ jpop/ etc. playlist that I listen to on repeat while I’m driving, in the shower, cleaning, blogging, etc. Currently, it sits at…what…*checking* 32 songs. This doesn’t count the piano-only covers playlist that I listen to when I’m around other people (such as my employers) and I don’t feel like explaining my preferences to them. (They are not going to know that this *see below* is from Naruto, but it’s still GLORIOUS and you should listen to it right now, guys.)
3) I’ve played the piano since I was 7 years old (with 9 years of official lessons and recitals). At the time, I resented being made to stick with my lessons, but I am now glad that I did. I am currently attempting to master “Bura-Cha/Brothers” from FMA. I’m getting there. It’s really fun, but also a challenge.（⋆＾－＾⋆）Anime music makes beautiful instrumentals. I’m going to have to get my hands on more because, aside from the aforementioned piece, I’ve been limited to playing by ear. (I’ve also been limited to using my keyboard since my husband and I struck out on our own, but when we buy our own house rather than rent one, you can be sure that the baby grand I’ve had for over a decade is coming home with me!! *happy dance* I’m also sure my parents are ready to get the thing out of their house! (^_−)☆ ) Oh, and unrelated to anime, I kinda wish that I could play the violin, even just a little bit! Isn’t the violin so soothing and beautiful?
4) Technically, I’m pretty sure that the first non-shoujo anime that I watched was Sword Art Online. I don’t think that the show gets enough credit. To be fair, I only finished two seasons and then I lost interest in its direction. (I mean, once the threat of death was gone, it just felt lacking. Plus, that cousin-in-love bit was really weird.) However, I really enjoyed the plot of season one. I found it very original, and I think that people are too hard on it. I mean, I’m not even a gamer, but I still appreciated the culture and unique brand of terror that losing your life inside a game creates. It doesn’t make my top five or anything, but I remember it fondly. Also to be fair, I think my favorite non-shoujo (or at least shoujo-esque) anime titles (read: no romance) are Black Butler and Death Parade. I can’t wait to get my hands on the Book of Atlantic dub! J. Michael Tatum is so talented! This leads me to my next point…
5) I just think that English dub voice actors are soooooo cool; I’m always debating writing them fan mail (especially people like Andrew Love who is Hijikata *swoon*). When one of them likes one of my Tweets, I FREAK OUT. Like, “TALENTED VOICE ACTOR SEMPAI/SENSEI HAS NOTICED MY WORDS OMG OMG OMG OMG…”
6) I am, unashamedly, a sucker for idol anime. There, I said it. You may begin throwing tomatoes, I can take it. Keep in mind that I only like BOY idol shows, like UtaPri, B-Project, or Magic-Kyun Renaissance. I mean, it’s a reverse harem full of bishies all vying for the MC and sporting glorious musical talent. What’s not to love? I can ship everyone and listen to things like this all day:
Ahhh…that song is just too much. ❤ ❤ ❤
♪♫ I never give up on myself;
I never give up on my dream. ♪♫
7) This probably really goes without saying if you read my blog at all, but I like to use kaomoji far better than I like to use emoji. Kaomoji just seem so much more indicative of my personality and feelings than do emoji. I like to fangirl and wave and smile and kiss and hug and write and use magic and wink and show surprise, confusion, love, sadness, anger, etc. with the help of these adorable little faces and sparkles!!!
Those I Nominate ❤
I really do enjoy reading a bit about my fellow anime enthusiasts on their blogs, and this seems like a great time to do so! As such, I will nominate the following! Happy blogging!!
3 thoughts on “LOOK, A NOMINATION (The Versatile Blogger Award! *Anime Edition*)”
oOO, yenno Ive been really behind on these awards. I think I should start off with yours tonight..hopefully *sigh* if my headache doesn’t discourage me. LOL. thanks for the nomination and great picks! 😀
OMG I’M A B-PROJECT FAN TOO! *KYAAAAA* I thought I was all by my lonesome in the male idol genre! *cries thankfully*
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congrats on the award. Agree with you about SAO. I really enjoy the first arc but after that, once the threat of death is gone, it just kind of loses something. The third arc gave a really good attempt at making things interesting again and then it kind of fizzled in the fourth. Interested to see how the movie does at drawing us back into the concept.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Right? No threat of death = less intensity = less interest. I only just started paying attention to movie updates, so yes, I can now say this will indeed be something to look into…
LikeLiked by 1 person